The Board of Directors of the STPCV Tenants Association endorses two candidates for positions on the board as recommended by the Nominating Committee. The election date is May 30, 2019.
Candidates endorsed by the Board include:
Alvin D. Doyle
Current member of the board of the Stuyvesant Town–Peter Cooper Village Tenants Association, Al served as president of the TA for 23 years. During that time, he led bus trips to Albany when rent regulation laws were expiring, provided testimony year after year before the Rent Guidelines Board, and led rallies and protests. As vice president of H. M. Hughes Construction Company, he used his construction knowledge to assist the TA’s attorney to challenge numerous MCIs, most notably helping achieve a $3.9 million settlement on defective windows. Al continues to apply his long history of events to help the TA fight for affordability.
Current president of the Stuyvesant Town–Peter Cooper Village Tenants Association, Susan spent her career as marketing director for major architectural and engineering firms in New York City. A member of the Tenants Association since 1997, she served as its vice president, executive president, and chair before being elected president in 2015. She is a vice chair of the Business Affairs and Street Activities Committee of Community Board 6. In addition, she serves on the East Side Coastal Resiliency Task Force and on the Mount Sinai Community Advisory Committee. In 2013, Susan received a New York State Senate Women of Distinction award, sponsored by NY State Senator Brad Hoylman.
The petitioning period to be a candidate for the board is now beginning. Interested candidates may seek a place on the ballot by submitting a petition signed by a minimum of thirty (30) members of the TA who are current in their dues as of the March 20, 2019, Record Date. No more than one candidate’s name may be included on any one petition.
Petitions must include signature, printed name, address, and apartment number. The Nominating Committee will judge the validity of all petitions. Petitioning ends on April 6, 2019.
Petition forms are available for download from the Tenants Association website. In addition to your petition, you must submit a document that includes:
- Your name, address (including apartment number), telephone, and email;
- A statement that you are 18 years of age or older; and
- A summary of your qualifications in 100 words or less.
On April 2, 2019, TA representatives will be available at the Community Center 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m. to verify the membership status of petition signers.
Petitions and accompanying documentation should either be—
- postal mailed to Nominating Committee, ST/PCV Tenants Association, P.O. Box 1202, New York, NY 10009 and received at the post office no later than April 6, 2019; OR
- dropped in our drop box at Oval Services (17A Stuyvesant Oval), or the Community Center (449 East 14th Street, First Avenue Loop), or Zeichner’s Wines & Liquors (279 First Avenue) no later than 3:00 p.m., April 6, 2019; OR
- emailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 6, 2019.
Nominating Committee: Michael Lang, John J. Sheehy, Judith Miller, Patricia Levenson, and Patricia Sallin.