The TA is going to fight this blow to your budget, so please follow the instructions below. If you’re not yet a member, please join now.
Within 30 days of the mailing date on the MCI notice, here is what we need you to do by filling out page 3 of the MCI notice—the Tenant Response form:
1. Print your name where indicated on top.
2. In the open space, write the following:
I request a 60-day extension of time to respond to the MCI application dated [fill in mailing date from top right corner]. I understand that DHCR is not always able to provide a written response to an extension request. Therefore, unless I hear otherwise, I will assume that this request has been granted.
Thank you for your courtesies in this matter.
3. Sign and date the form on the bottom.
4. Make 2 copies of the form. Keep one copy for your records. Send the other copy to the TA by mail (Video intercom MCI, P.O. Box 1202, NYC 10009-1202) or by placing it in one of our drop boxes (Community Center, Oval Concierge, or Zeichner’s Wines & Liquors).
5. Mail the original of just the response form to the MCI Unit at the address on the top of the form. Keep the original of the MCI notice (pages 1 and 2) for your records.
6. Spread the word to your affected neighbors who are longtime tenants (see list of buildings below).
REMINDER: TA member dues pay for our attorney. If you are not already a member, won’t you participate and help defray the expense by joining now? You can donate securely online at stpcvta.org/donate.
WHAT ELSE WE NEED: If you kept copies of management’s handouts from the 2001/02 intercom installation, please send us a copy. If you have any other documentation, such as management’s wall post announcing the new system or a work ticket from the 2014 installation, we will add that to the file.
AFFECTED BUILDINGS: 420 E 23, 440 E 23, 350 First, 360 First, 370 First, 390 First, 2 PCR, 3 PCR, 431 E 20, 441 E 20.
Once you’ve filled out and returned the Tenant Response form, the TA and its attorney will take over, but we also need a copy of your MCI notice (pages 1 & 2). You may place a copy (not the original—save that for your records) in one of our drop boxes or mail it to us (see item 4 above).
If you’ve received a notice, tell us about it by using our short MCI docket tracker found here.