The Nation's Largest Tenants Association
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization, with a dedicated Board of Directors and a statewide footprint, and we take pride in being the strongest and best-organized tenants association in New York City.
P.O. Box 1202, New York, NY 10009-1202
TA drop boxes: at the Community Center and Zeichner's Wines & Liquor
MCIs | Service Complaints | Lease Renewal | Succession Rights |
Elected Officials | Helpful Links | Tenants' Rights Updated (NYS Attorney General) | ABCs of Housing (NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation & Development | Rent Laws Expire 2019
LEASE RENEWAL INCREASES (NYC Rent Guidelines Board)
Leases starting or renewing on October 1, 2021, through September 30, 2022
1-year lease: 0% for the first six months and 1.5% for the remaining six months of the lease
2-year lease: 2.5%
MAY 2021: TA LAWSUIT CHALLENGES COSTS FOR MCI RENT INCREASES; all NYS rent-regulated tenants affected
FUTURE MCI COSTS: how high can they go? DHCR hearing of Sept. 9, 2020 (including testimony & letters)
Transcript of the hearing (contains many errors)
DHCR's response: it's not friendly to tenants' pocketbooks
COMBINED HEAT AND POWER (CHP) FOSSIL FUEL PLANTS IN STUYVESANT TOWN
- Summary of issues and objections
- Electeds' letter to Rick Hayduk (10/9/20)
- TA PowerPoint presentation to Community Board 6 (1/5/21)
- Video of community board presentation (1/5/21)
- Electeds' letter to Dept. of Buildings (1/19/21)
- Electeds meet with NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (2/11/21)
- Dept. of Buildings commissioner's response to electeds' letter (4/20/21)
- Electeds' letter to commissioner of NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (4/30/21)
- Electeds' second letter to Dept. of Buildings (6/16/21)
- NEW! Download postcards to send to the governor and commissioners
TA LAWSUIT TO KEEP ALL STPCV APARTMENTS RENT STABILIZED: NY State Supreme Court Filing for Declaratory Judgment (March 2020)
Acts of hate are never acceptable: we issued this statement in July 2020. Now, sadly, in March 2021 we find it necessary to repeat what shouldn’t have to be said even once: all acts of hate are unacceptable—inside and outside our community.
East Side Coastal Resiliency (ESCR)—plan to protect us from the next superstorm (March 26, 2019, presentation to CB6 Land Use Committee 4/22/19).
Presentation of May 28, 2019.
Public Design Commission final review, December 16, 2019.
Presentation of November 23, 2020.
Construction update of March 31, 2021.
Five Stuy Cafe liquor license: Letter from Council Member Keith Powers to Community Board 6
Heat Season: Oct. 1–May 31. There is no outside temperature requirement at night.
Press Conference on Sale of ST-PCV to Blackstone