The Nation's Largest Tenants Association
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization, with a dedicated Board of Directors and a statewide footprint, and we take pride in being the strongest and best-organized tenants association in New York City.
P.O. Box 1202, New York, NY 10009-1202
TA drop boxes at the Community Center and Zeichner's Wines & Liquor
Note: During the pandemic, as of 5/12/20, only the Zeichner's drop box is available.
Acts of hate are never acceptable: we issued this statement in July 2020. Now, sadly, in March 2021 we find it necessary to repeat what shouldn’t have to be said even once: all acts of hate are unacceptable—inside and outside our community.
COMBINED HEAT AND POWER (CHP) PLANTS IN STUYVESANT TOWN
- Summary of issues and objections
- Electeds' letter to Rick Hayduk (10/9/20)
- TA PowerPoint presentation to Community Board 6 (1/5/21)
- Video of community board presentation (1/5/21)
- Electeds' letter to Dept. of Buildings (1/19/21)
- Electeds meet with NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (2/11/21)
- Dept. of Buildings commissioner's response to electeds' letter (4/20/21)
- Electeds' letter to commissioner of NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (4/30/21)
KEEPING ALL STPCV APARTMENTS RENT STABILIZED: NY State Supreme Court Filing for Declaratory Judgment (March 2020)
FUTURE MCI COSTS: how high can they go? DHCR hearing of Sept. 9, 2020 (including testimony & letters)
Transcript of the hearing (contains many errors)
DHCR's response: it's not friendly to tenants' pocketbooks
East Side Coastal Resiliency (ESCR)—plan to protect us from the next superstorm (March 26, 2019, presentation to CB6 Land Use Committee 4/22/19).
Presentation of May 28, 2019.
Public Design Commission final review, December 16, 2019.
Presentation of November 23, 2020.
Construction update of March 31, 2021.
Five Stuy Cafe liquor license: Letter from Council Member Keith Powers to Community Board 6
Rent Guidelines Board Increases
Leases starting or renewing on Oct. 1, 2020, through Sept. 30, 2021
1-year lease: 0% | 2-year lease: 0% for the first year, 1% for the second year
Heat Season: Oct. 1–May 31. There is no outside temperature requirement at night.
Press Conference on Sale of ST-PCV to Blackstone