The Nation's Largest Tenants Association
We are a 100% volunteer-run organization, with a dedicated Board of Directors and a statewide footprint, and we take pride in being the strongest and best-organized tenants association in New York City.
P.O. Box 1202, New York, NY 10009-1202
TA drop boxes: at the Community Center and Zeichner's Wines & Liquor
MCIs | Service Complaints | Lease Renewal | Succession Rights | Sublets (DHCR Fact Sheet #7) | Elected Officials | Helpful Links | Tenants' Rights Updated (NYS Attorney General) | ABCs of Housing (NYC Dept. of Housing Preservation & Development) | Rent Laws Expire 2019 | Key Card Decision 2006 and TA Notice to Tenants
LEASE RENEWAL INCREASES (NYC Rent Guidelines Board)
Leases starting or renewing on October 1, 2021, through September 30, 2022
1-year lease: 0% for the first six months and 1.5% for the remaining six months of the lease
2-year lease: 2.5%
RENT GUIDELINES BOARD 2022–2023
Invited testimony of Tim Collins 4/26/22
Preliminary vote: summary of proposed guidelines
Submit testimony to the RGB
What the RGB proposed increases mean to you on a monthly basis
MAY 2021: TA LAWSUIT CHALLENGES COSTS FOR MCI RENT INCREASES; all NYS rent-regulated tenants affected
FUTURE MCI COSTS: how high can they go? DHCR hearing of Sept. 9, 2020 (including testimony & letters)
Transcript of the hearing (contains many errors)
DHCR's response: it's not friendly to tenants' pocketbooks
DHCR releases even higher costs: Update to Operational Bulletin 2021-1
COMBINED HEAT AND POWER (CHP) FOSSIL FUEL PLANTS IN STUYVESANT TOWN
- Summary of issues and objections
- Electeds' letter to Rick Hayduk (10/9/20)
- TA PowerPoint presentation to Community Board 6 (1/5/21)
- Video of community board presentation (1/5/21)
- Electeds' letter to Dept. of Buildings (1/19/21)
- Electeds meet with NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (2/11/21)
- Dept. of Buildings commissioner's response to electeds' letter (4/20/21)
- Electeds' letter to commissioner of NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (4/30/21)
- Electeds' 2nd letter to Dept. of Buildings (6/16/21)
- Electeds' 3rd letter to Dept. of Buildings (11/4/21)
- The postcards we sent to the governor and commissioners
- IMPORTANT! TA letter and expert's report on legality of zoning and accessory use (11/23/21)
- TA PowerPoint presentation to Rep. Carolyn Maloney's Zoom meeting with electeds, governor's staff, and climate activists (1/4/22)
- Electeds' 2nd letter to commissioner of NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (2/18/22)
- Electeds' letter to Mayor Eric Adams & others (4/11/22)
- NEW! TA statement on the cancellation of the CHP plants
- NEW! Council Member Keith Powers's media release on the CHP cancellation
TA LAWSUIT TO KEEP ALL STPCV APARTMENTS RENT STABILIZED: NY State Supreme Court Filing for Declaratory Judgment (March 2020)
Acts of hate are never acceptable: we issued this statement in July 2020. Now, sadly, in March 2021 we find it necessary to repeat what shouldn’t have to be said even once: all acts of hate are unacceptable—inside and outside our community.
East Side Coastal Resiliency (ESCR)—plan to protect us from the next superstorm (March 26, 2019, presentation to CB6 Land Use Committee 4/22/19).
Presentation of May 28, 2019.
Public Design Commission final review, December 16, 2019.
Presentation of November 23, 2020.
Construction update of March 31, 2021.
Five Stuy Cafe liquor license: Letter from Council Member Keith Powers to Community Board 6
Heat Season: Oct. 1–May 31. There is no outside temperature requirement at night.
Press Conference on Sale of ST-PCV to Blackstone